the one about secrets

Without ruining any of the plotlines one thing about the show Brothers & Sisters I find kind of annoying is no one can keep a secret. I understand why the writers did it (There are no secrets between this family), but wow. For most my younger life I was not a very good secretkeeper. I wasn't good at decipher what's ok to talk about and what's not. A friend's embarrassing moment when they crapped themselves while running - ok to gossip about. A friend's infidelity - not ok to gossip about.

I kept getting irritated. As I switched from big gossip to secretkeeper I rationalized that it helps create a bond between that person. I thought about it ad nauseum. I also noticed whenever my friends would tell me secrets I would listen, give them advice, and then it's almost like I forget about it. Till they remention it. I've noticed that there's this bond that forms between me and that person. Not like blackmail or guilt but a deepening of friendship.

So that's my opinion on secrets. You got them and wanna tell me please do so. I probably have great advice and I most definitely will not tell them. I do also use the pinky swear method of secrecy. Once you pinky swear that's like a bond greater than blood. :)

...my older posts