the one about the shaving cream

Again with the metaphors. I know. I know. But they make me think.

So I have this bottle of shaving cream. When I first used it worked fine. Then I used it again and shaving cream went everywhere. I was like WTF. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I hit the nozzle and it fires out. I was like "this shit is broken I need to use another one." Frugal me said "No that crap cost $5 per bottle. You better ease up on that nozzle but you are not throwing it out."

Over the course of two months I gingerly applied pressure to the nozzle to eek out the exact amount of shaving cream I needed. Today that shaving cream met its maker as I emptied its contents....Like my counterpart Carrie Bradshaw I couldn't help but wonder, when faced with a problem is it better to give up or throw in the towel?

Per mentioned from my last post I think we know where I stand. Unlike the garbage bag though I didn't give in. I kept at it till I won. This was a battle I knew I could win. Again much like my relationships and friendships.

I even noticed with my friendships it exists. Of all my friends each and every one of them except for maybe two I've had major fights with, we got over it, and have held a closer bond since. What if Jill, Megan, or Kelly back in 1987 when we were all hanging out decided after one of our petty kid fights to throw us away like that can? We wouldn't be friends to this day and missed out on so many great memories.

What if Josh and I are that can of shaving cream? We went from perfect relationship to exploding mess (get your minds out of the gutter) to now applying gentle pressure and making things work. Well whatever happens I'm going to take things slow. Getting out of a relationship with a 13 year old gives you new perspective on your life and what's important. I don't NEED a relationship. I WANT one. I like what's going on with me and Josh. It's easy and fun and well I'm positive I've changed. After two years of dating and being friends I would hope I have.

...my older posts