the one about Chris Brown and Rihanna

So there is a rumor Chris Brown and Rihanna have been hooking up for a year secretly. This is probably the most disturbing thing I've ever heard...why? Because I believe it.

When it first broke that Chris Brown beat the black out of Rihanna I was shocked and disgusted. Then I thought something was funny when her police photos were released but I said "She's the victim. Let it go David." Then she did Diane Sawyer and I was like "Hmm ok this seems fishy still." One thing you can't doctor those photos. Those were real. I felt so bad for her but glad she got away. Then she came out with RATED R. I thought it was HIGHLY inappropriate for a girl who was just BEAT THE EFF UP to come out with such a sexual album. My friend Jeff said "I bet the album was done and finished prior to all of this. How could she have known all this would happen?" So I said "ok she has to forge ahead." I felt so much pain for her having to do such a sexual album at a painful time. And I noticed LOUD wasn't as sexual. S&M was a lil weird but she had to connect the two albums so I let it go.
TALK THAT TALK is a lil too risque but I said "maybe she found her footing again. It's fine."

On his side he died his hair blond. Ok a lil weird. Went on a legit interview and was asked about the "incident" the entire time. He is VERY in the right to be mad but throwing a chair into a window was inappropriate. Then he had TWO pix of his bam-bam online. One fully nude and the other in a skin-tight alien costume. His album sales remained steady but what really was frustrating is he NEVER apologized AND his fans blamed RIHANNA! Saying she must have done something to deserve to be hit. EXCUSE ME?! WTF?!

Then there was a tweet from Rihanna that was rumored to be about Chris and he responded. THEN she lifted the restraining order. Ok I can even forgive that cuz they are both successful musicians and have to attend award shows. It'd be awkward for both. But having them back together?

Why is this my business? Because what if I was a girl in an abusive relationship. Let's say I was a huge Rihanna fan and saw what she went through with Chris Brown and ended up leaving my boyfriend/husband cuz SHE gave me strength. To see/hear they got back together would KILL my spirits. I'd think to myself "Maybe my boyfriend/husband changed like Chris Brown. I should give him another shot. (insert excuse ranging from all the years we were together till we have kids)." And what if when I went back he didn't change and he continued to beat me OR I ended up dead? Who's to blame?

I know that's an extreme example but Rihanna is an international superstar yes she has a right to live her life as she wants, but when she became an abuse survivor in a domestic relationship PUBLICLY she became a spokesperson for all victimized women everywhere. Had she not done interviews about him and the incident then I can see her getting back with him privately and it's none of my business. Technically either way it's none of my business. But she sat in front of Diane saying how she has inspired women and now what? This is completely ridiculous. She is giving every man whom beat their girlfriend a second chance to do the same.

What's the recourse? Rihanna in my eyes joins a long list of celebrities I now enjoy what they do as far as music, movies, TV, and loathe them as people. Tom Cruise and Jennifer Ho-pez are on the list. It's a sad day today cuz I loved me some Ri-Ri.

...my older posts