Spartacus: Blood and Sand

At first I turned my nose at this series. I'm not a prude but a show using blood and nudity to get viewership was not my thing. I watched the pilote episode and was bored. Almost turned it off.

Then the second episode kicked in and it got me hooked. The show is SO MUCH more than blood and nudity. It's about social climbing. Political intrigue. Revenge. Brotherhood. But above all love.

It's not the type of show you have a favorite character either. Mostly because they will end up dead haha but there are characters you root for. I'll be honest Spartacus annoyed me. Without giving anything away whenever he gets into a fight it's like watching Spiderman battle "lose lose lose then win." I want to see someone that overcomes odds, walks into a fight, and miraculously kicks arse. I don't wanna see this humanistic crap of losing at first then winning. UGH boring!

The one thing I do love about Spartacus is whenever he does the right thing (the thing you as the audience wants him to do) there are legitimate consequences he must face. That I love. There's nothing more I loathe than a character NOT doing what I wish they would do. He does and then has to pay for it.

Two men I have GIANT crushes on for different reasons are Varro and Claudius.


Varro (Jai Courtney) is an Adonis. Think Rocky from Rocky Horror Picture Show. Blond curly hair. Tan skin. Muscles. And lips for days. He's beautiful in every sense of the word. And his character is honorable. If I had a favorite character it'd be him. He's loyal, honest, and beautiful.


Claudius (Craig Parker). on the other hand is dark haired, mean, and sinister. Dark hair. Pale skin. Average build. But something about his eyes instantly made me attracted to him. He is the villian there's no doubt about it, but if he died I would stop watching. I dunno what about him I love he's just super sexy. I could husband that man!

Of course the late Andy Whitfield is beautiful as well, but these two men caught my attention right away. Moreso than Andy. But lemme tell you as an actor Andy deserved an Emmy. He was soooooooooo awesome in this role. He WAS Spartacus (or whatever his name is hehe inside joke).

If you liked Gladiator, Rome, or 300 definitely check this show. Sit through the pilot. It'll be kinda tough cuz it's a bad pilot, but the rest of the show is amazing. Not one episode isn't awesome :)

I'm moving onto the prequel Spartacus: Gods of the Arena where it tells of the first Champion of Capua. So addicted to this series hehe the new season starts january 27.

...my older posts