JEM



It has finally happened. I submitted my idea! HAHA Seems like this year is the year of listening to my friends! When they suggested I create a blog I did. And they've always suggested I submit my movie ideas to a studio...and I did! 

Amazon.com has partnered up with Warner Brothers Studio to create Amazon Studios. Amazon Studios is a production company that will take submitted scripts to Warner Brothers, produce them, and distribute them as "First Look" through Warner Brothers. Should Warner Brothers pass the writer and Amazon may go to another studio. I submitted my first of three screenplays for JEM. Why? Many reasons.

  1. Jem is exactly what the public needs. A female-driven movie about two battling girl rock bands set against Hollywood, fashion, and music. GOLD MINE!!!!!!!!
  2. No sex. Very little violence. HUGE cult following.
  3. There were three seasons so there should be three movies.
  4. Cheap to produce. The most expensive part will be very little special effects and wardrobe. 
  5. The fans of Jem want movies made. 
For those of you not in the know. This is the backstory to Jem and the Holograms to the show. Best part is this isn't a contest. It's whenever Amazon Studios sees a script they would like to turn to a full-length movie they contact the writer, pay them, grab the rights, and produce it...The rights. I have based all the songs on the TV show. Why is this good? Hasbro who owes the show has been dragging their feet with producing it. They won't even allow the fans the opportunity to have season 3 part 2 on DVD. This way a major studio can force their hand with a script and writer in place. I personally think this will be HUGE!


So cross your fingers and wish me luck. And when you have a chance go read my first submission!

Cont'd...here's the kicker. You know that in life we need signs to know something might happen? Well in September I won second place in a JEM fan fiction writing contest. One of the writers from the series was a judge and said it was tough deciding if mine and another's was the winner. Well today I got a package from JemCon! I registered with Amazon Studios last night and today I get my winner's package. Come on that's a clear sign! Just thought I'd share.

...my older posts