The Next Three Days





My friend Tom and I got to see a free screening of Russell Crowe's "The Next Three Days" co-starring Elizabeth Banks. She plays a woman accused of murder. He is her teacher husband and father to her son. With no other option since the case against her is air-tight he decides to break her out of prison and take her and their son on the run. He has formed a plan to do so in...."The Next Three Days" hence the title.

Some parts of it were unbelieveable, but it was a good popcorn movie. The fact that it was written and directed by Paul Haggis (the genius writer/director behind "Crash" and writer of Million Dollar Baby") made me wanna see it. The ending was one of those "WTF" moments. I won't spoil it but overall I'd give it a B. Being a writer and movie fanatic I love movies that are detail oriented. Upon first viewing I saw they left no stone unturned. Now this doesn't mean should I see it again I am like COME ON. (although one moment was a COME ON moment. It was just a lil too much. My friend and I turned to each other and was like SERIOUSLY?! And I guarantee you will know what I mean when you see it). The weirdest part was I was like "ok how are they gonna end it." And among all the chaos and subpar unbelievability they ended it so smartly! It was like Paul Haggis wrapped up the ending himself.

Anyways go see it. You won't regret :)

...my older posts