the one that even I'm at a loss over

So guess who contacted me last night while I was hanging out at Tony's?! BEN! I had sent him an email Thursday before I went on vacation. It was me being serious NOT passive aggressive:

Not looking for a response back. Leaving for vacation today and have an odd week so happy birthday and hope you get better soon.

That's it. Nothing else. No "Talk to you later" I literally wanted to say my piece and that's it. He leaves me a voicemail (I have shoddy service at Tony's condo) that's basically everything I've wanted someone I dated to apologize for, say they missed me and why, and ask to hear back from me. Me the advice giver extraordinaire was stunned.

One motto I have is never forgive someone not asking to be forgiven. And if you can't admit you're wrong I don't trust your advice. So we've been texting back and forth all morning and he is about 95% where he needs to be for me to fully forgive him. He still doesn't comprehend why you can't date your friends' dates. Baby steps I guess.

One thing he did say was "You keep coming back David. Obviously there is something you too feel isn't over between us." Do I? If I'm being honest with myself seeing him with his friend (that wasn't his date at the movies) made me a touch jealous....and there you have it. He just apologized for the Ed debacle of 2010. AND he understands why it's wrong. UGH! So confused.

What's worse is my mom wants to meet him bad...and his mom wants to meet me! I think part of me is freaked out that he knows with 100% certainty I'm the one for him. Yet he never allowed me the chance to discover if he's the one for me. He got weird too quick. I dunno. UGH!!!!!!! Why can't life be easier to figure out?

...my older posts