Marie Osmond on Oprah

Marie Osmond on Oprah today talking about her son Michael's suicide February 2010. 

At first I was thinking she was acting. The woman has been in show business for 48 years. She went in and out of laughter, tears, and normal conversation. Then I realized no. She isn't acting. 

I have people that I know what have lost a child and you DO run that gambit of emotion. My heart broke like eighty times for this woman. What was the worse part?

People online were saying he was gay and that's why he killed himself. Marie lost it not for that rumor but when speaking about how the kids in September killed themselves over being bullied for being gay. She even said "I want to clear this rumor up because my daughter who is gay took offense to the fact that not all gay people commit suicide." 

After this AND her operatic performance I have so much respect for Marie. I didn't realize how beaten up in the press she was. I never had an opinion on her either way. But she never said yes or no to Oprah when asked if she was in an abusive second marriage.

She's a single mom raising now 7 kids (BUT she has 8 total) and working in show business. I respect her so much more after this show.

...my older posts