the one about exes...again

So Ed is NOT the same Ed I went on dates with. He was all "Oh well I don't want stress or pressure in my life" when I told him if he wants to be friends in the true sense of the word then we should hang out as friends. So his rebuttal "then maybe we should be acquaintances." I was like "You know what I didn't realize hanging out as friends was strenuous, but if you wanna chat you can contact me on facebook" I'm done playing games with guys old enough to know better. He's a 33 year old lawyer. Why the games? Maybe him and Ben ARE suited for each other!!!! Ugh got no time.

I'm not discussing Ben at depth. He's manipulative and just not a nice person deep down to his core. He's pompous egotistical and I've given him WAY too many chances only to be burned as a friend AND dating. I was in the shower the other day thinking why I have given him so many chances. The best I could come up with is I had hope. Hope he was a good person. Hope he took what feedback I gave him previously and used it. But more importantly hope that I made a difference in his life. But no. He reminds me alot of Josh. Very much thinks he's right about everything and he cannot be wrong.

Speaking of Josh haven't talked to him. The last time we hung out he was way too judgmental and just bitchy. I did not feel comfortable when he was making fun of me putting ketchup on the exact same sandwich he got, and I won't be calling him. He's definitely physically what I like, but personality wise not my type at all. And the thing is he doesn't get it. He never will. He thinks he's right about everything and there's no challenging him. Fine I won't challenge him...I'll just avoid him. And that's exactly what I've been doing. The best part was when he said "Geesh you're being so judgmental of other people." And right after he judges me. What I realized when I got home was a few things:
  1. When I judge people around him in particular it was deflecting because I knew he'd be judging me
  2. He could have judged me right after to try and "teach me" a lesson about judging
If the second is true I can understand BUT the only caveat is that he has no idea how judgmental he is on a normal basis at least towards me. He's got a real sense of "I'm better than..." mentality that turns me off. Yeah I am good with staying away from him. There's no value added to my life with Josh in it.

Then Bruce. He randomly contacted me a couple weeks ago and so we've been in minimal contact since. Part of me wants to get back with him and show him all that he missed out on and part of me wants nothing to do with him romantically. Not sure which part is stronger. Well right now actually the nothing to do with is stronger. I had a great date last sunday with Dave. He's one of those guys you meet in a crowded room and ask "Why are you single?" He's just sooooooo nice. Sooooo cute. And just boyfriend/husband material. SERIOUSLY! So we are going on our second date Sunday. I really like spending time with him. I kept yacking at the mouth and he didn't even mind haha That alone makes him a keeper hehe

Ugh why is Bruce creeping back into my head? I almost feel like things are unfinished with him. Ok if I'm thinking things out he was a jerk ONCE to me but it was a really big jerk move. He's apologized for it since but hasn't truly 100% made up for it in a sweeping gesture. I need that gesture to know he's truly sorry. If I see that gesture then I will know if he deserves a second chance even to be true friends or not. THERE I talked it out.

...my older posts