Rihanna

What the hell is this chi doing? Lemme say first that I love love love RiRi's music. "Rude Boy" started it then "Only Girl (In the World)" now "What's My Name?" featuring yummy Drake. This chick has got me hooked on songs I listen to OVER and OVER and OVER! And she is the chorus girl of choice in the rap industry. FOR CEREAL! 

But it wasn't so long ago she was in dire straits. Lemme rewind. A lot of people do not recall this. Remember Britney Spears MTV Music Awards debacle performing "Gimme More?" Well as Brit-Brit was performing the camera panned  to Rihanna and she was LAUGHING! Yup go on YouTube you will see a clip of Rihanna LAUGHING at Britney. No someone didn't tell a joke. The camera came up to Rihanna. Held a pause and Rihanna looked at Britney and laughed. It was in that moment her fate was sealed.

I'm by no means saying Rihanna got what she deserved. NO ONE should EVER hit another human being. But when you mock someone else when they are down and do it publicly Karma has a way of making you appreciate rock bottom. What's even worse? Some people I've talked to have said "Oh Rihanna probably provoked Chris. I mean girls know how to make men mad till they snap." HOMO SAY WHAT? We are taught as children to fight with your words and not take what's yours. Chris CLEARLY didn't learn anything from childhood now his career is in the toy toy and she's on top...for her music.

For me when I saw her laughing I was disgusted with Rihanna as a person and an artist. I screamed at my TV "That could be you! Don't laugh!" I was really upset with Rihanna. Stopped listening to "Good Girl Gone Bad" for awhile even. I didn't even listen to "Rude Boy" till it was out for a good six months. And even then I love the song, wrong artist. I asked myself "Why is she singing about a rude boy when she had one and got rid of him?" Didn't fit the artist. 

Now I dunno what the hell she's doing. She looks like an Olsen twin with her hobo chic...but it's the bad version. I don't get it. I want her to go back to Glamorous RiRi. Good Girl Gone Bad RiRi. That girl was beautiful. And is it me or does her voice SOAR in "Only Girl (In the World)?" It sounds like she took singing lessons or something. At first listen I kinda thought it was Beyonce. But it's like part two of "Don't Stop the Music"...like a club remix released as an original. LOVE LOVE IT! And "What's My Name?" sounds like part two of "Rude Boy" Just amazing.

Well I will have a listen to the entire album. I just hope she finds herself and soon!

...my older posts