Oprah 200 men

I don't know if Oprah has ever done a show like this. On Friday she had an audience of 200 men with pictures of themselves at the age they were molested. WOW! Some of these men didn't ever talk about this with anyone. Can you believe 30 year old identical twins were even molested? They were in 3rd grade when a priest began molesting them for 13 years. They had to endure watching each other be molested. And even sodomized with a candle. The worst was forcing them to sodomize each other...repeatedly. And eventually other priests joined in and they were gang raped. HOW? I can't even imagine! OK CRYING NOW!!!


Fortunately I was never molested. I was physically abused with hitting and verbally abused, but sexually thank god. I don't know how I could've handled that. But I do know I was very conscious of this from being physically and emotionally abused: DO NOT LET THEM WIN! How will they have won? By me being a failure. By me saying I can't have this or that because I was abused. For me being not achieving something and saying "Oh I was abused I can't do this or that." I am a SURVIVOR which means just like a cancer survivor or alcoholic I have to fight everyday to maintain normality.


Amazing show. Of course I was sad to know 1 out of 6 men are sexually molested and half of them by more than one abuser. Some of the women and girlfriends and boyfriends are there and OMG it's so sad. What would possess you to do that? Weren't we taught as kids to not take what isn't ours? 


No one knows this but one day I was babysitting my nephew Dietrich. I'm a VERY strict babysitter anyone will tell you. You go to be at 800. Not 759 not 801. 800! Well he wasn't happy I put him to bed and cried. As I checked in on him and saw him sleeping. I stared at him thinking:


Whom would wanna hurt him?
Whom could even THINK he's sexually attractive?
Why would anyone wanna hurt him?


I didn't mean to but I kissed him on the forehead and hugged him. He woke up for a second and went back to sleep. I closed the door and cried. I just felt terrible that in the time it took me to hug and kiss him some little boy was being molested. That was the last time I babysat him before I moved in 2006. UGH I just wanna protect him. I don't want anyone to ever hurt him. He's such a trusting kid. 

Today I look at guys in their 20s and I'm like ugh. I think guys younger than 25 or too young for me. I guess I wish I could understand the rationale for pedophiles. I understand they are sick and broken but they need help. They don't need my pity or sorrow they need HELP!  There are few things in this world that are black and white right or wrong THIS is wrong!!!!!!!!!


For anyone who has ever been molested it's better to talk about it than hold it in. If you even need to shoot me an email please do so. I will not judge. And if you don't want to talk to me talk to someone! Someone will care. Please visit http://www.menthriving.org as well.

...my older posts