the one about loyalty

So I think it's ingrained in us that we do not trust anyone ESPECIALLY gays. I hate that. I hate that gays don't know how to keep secrets but more importantly don't understand secrets can be kept too.

Recently I had a conversation where one of my friends wasn't present. Now a friend and I whom are mutual friends with this person didn't say anything bad about this person, but he just wasn't present. In fact some of the "other stuff" was private flirtation towards that person. So I'm laughing and told my friend "Hey ___ is funny. I was explaining how I have a crush on person B and he asked me about you." That's where the conversation ended. So what did this person in chat do? "BIG MOUTH! YOU TELLING EVERYTHING!" DRAMA! Why? Everything would be EVERYTHING! He didn't get it. It was pissing me off. I had to just end the conversation or I woulda said stuff that woulda hurt feelings.

But back to my why? Why would people start drama when there isn't any? Because they are not use to people actually NOT being loyal that's why. They are use to people stabbing them in the back and giving away secrets. Just because it's the norm doesn't make it right. And just because others do it, doesn't mean I will.

Everyday I realize more and more I slowly have nothing in common with people I thought I did. And its not even about just secrets...loyalty also has to do with boundaries and not crossing them. I think today no one trusts anyone but themselves and friendships are dispensable. It's pretty rare nowadays for people to be friends with kids they have grown up with me. I met Megan on September 1, 1985 and we're still friends. I have high school and college friends from 1989 and 1994 respectively. Its almost like what I lack in long lasting relationships I make up for in long lasting friendships.

Loyalty my friends.

...my older posts